The Postal Service -- the collaborative indie project fronted by Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie) and Jimmy Tamborello -- will reunite in early 2013 to mark the April 9 release of the Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition of their critically-praised, million-selling 2003 album Give Up (their only full-length release). The expanded version will include the original album along with fifteen bonus tracks including two new songs "Turn Around" and "A Tattered Line of String", remixes, a live-on-the air tracks and covers of songs by The Shins and Iron and Wine. Read the press release and peruse the track listing below. The album will also bring The Postal Service back on stage with a series of live dates to be announced.
From the Press Release: Give Up was certified platinum last year just shy of 10 years from its original February 9, 2003 release. Led by the single "Such Great Heights," the landmark album peaked at #114 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart and has sold 1,067, 087 copies in the US to date. After Nirvana's Bleach, Give Up is the second-biggest selling album in Sub Pop's nearly 25-year history.
Give Up, which Entertainment Weekly called a "near-perfect" album, is the first and only full-length by The Postal Service. The album received 2003 year-end praise from an array of publications, including SPIN, Rolling Stone and the Village Voice "Pazz & Jop" critics' poll. Give Up also earned "Best of the Decade" status from Pitchfork, NPR, Complex, Paste, Under the Radar, and more.
Both Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello (as Dntel) recorded albums in 2012: Gibbard's solo outing, Former Lives, was released via Barsuk Records last October; Dntel's Aimlessness was released this past June on Pampa Records.
Disc 1 (Original Album):
- The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
- Such Great Heights
- Sleeping In
- Nothing Better
- Recycled Air
- Clark Gable
- We Will Become Silhouettes
- This Place Is a Prison
- Brand New Colony
- Natural Anthem
Disc 2 (New Tracks, Rarities, B-Sides, Remixes, Cover Versions, etc.):
- Turn Around
- A Tattered Line of String
- Be Still My Heart
- There's Never Enough Time
- Suddenly Everything Has Changed
- Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)
- Grow Old With Me
- Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
- The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (DJ Downfall Persistent Beat Mix)
- Be Still My Heart (Nobody Remix)
- We Will Become Silhouettes (Matthew Dear Remix)
- Nothing Better (Styrofoam Remix)
- Recycled Air (Live on KEXP)
- We Will Become Silhouettes (Performed by The Shins)
- Such Great Heights (Performed by Iron and Wine)